Gustavus Mentoring Program
Connect. Learn. Lead.
To join the Gustavus Mentoring Program as either a mentor or mentee, register today. Registration is currently open for 2019-2020.
The opportunity to develop a valuable relationship with Gustie alumni has been a great experience and has allowed me to grow as an individual both personally and professionally.
Participants should be in their Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year.
Mentoring pairs work together to:
- Assist in preparing students for the transition to professional life upon graduation
- Realization that many career paths are non-linear and encourage students to keep an open mind and explore varied possibilities
- Accept coaching to enhance and develop interpersonal, professional, and leadership skills
- Assist in building a professional network
The program runs late October - May. Mentoring pairs are expected to make contact at least once per month. Conversation starters will be provided to offer guidance on discussion topics.
First year students interested in the mentoring program should come into the career center to meet with the Mentorship Director Joe St. Jacque for approval to participate in the program. All students are encouraged to experience the mentorship program!
There is no better way to be excited about the future than to see it in action. My opportunities to watch young Gusties in action have been invigorating, humbling, and joyful. I can't recommend it highly enough as a way to reconnect with campus.
Student Leadership Team
This team works in conjunction with Joe St. Jacque, Mentoring Program Director, throughout the year to ensure the program’s continued success.
Upcoming Events for 2019-2020
- Registration - September 2019
- Matching Begins - October 8th
- *** Mandatory Mentee Orientation - October 15th 6 - 7 pm; Heritage Hall
- Matching Complete
- Mentoring Program Kick-off - October 24th Bloomington Sheraton Hotel, 6 - 8 pm
- Monthly Communication - November 2019 - April 2020
- Closing Banquet at Gustavus - May 2020
Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.